Getting help during your pregnancy
When to come to the hospital
If you notice any of these signs, call the Labour and Delivery Unit and come to the hospital:
- your contractions (labour pains) are regular or uncomfortable
- your water has broken
- you have bleeding from your vagina
- there is a change in how often your baby is moving
- you have blurry vision or see spots before your eyes
- you have been in a car accident, fallen or been injured, even if you think it is minor
- you have 1 or more of these signs of preterm labour:
- regular contractions or tightening of your uterus
- cramps like a period or a low, dull backache
- an increase or change in your vaginal discharge (watery, mucousy or bloody)
- abdominal cramps, with or without diarrhea
- you are concerned about yourself or your baby
Please call before coming to the hospital so that we can get ready for you. Call 905-521-5050 for the Labour and Delivery Unit.
Directions to Labour and Delivery:
1. Park near the Red elevators.
2. Take the elevator to the 4th floor.
3. Turn left and follow the signs to Labour and Delivery.