Programs and Services
Geriatric Medicine: Clinics & Home Visiting
This team of Geriatricians, Case Managers and nurses provides comprehensive geriatric assessment, case management and follow up for patients 65+ experiencing any of the following:
- Memory Concerns
- Functional Decline & Frailty
- Mobility Changes
- Bone Loss / Fragility
- Multiple Emergency Room Visits
Home visits are available only for housebound patients.
Geriatric Psychiatry: Clinics, Home Visiting & Long Term Care Consultation
This Team of a Geriatric Psychiatrist and Case Managers provides specialized consultation, assessment, treatment and management, primarily through home visits, to patients 65+ with moderate to severe stages of Dementia, Neurocognitive Disorders or Mental Illness who reside in Long Term Care facilities, lodging and group homes, retirement homes and private homes.
The team’s focus is with patients who:
- Risk harming themselves or others
- Risk being aggressed by others
- Exhibit challenging responsive behaviours not well managed by Interpersonal Interventions (IPI) and Environmental Interventions (EI)
Clinic appointments are available for those patients able to safely attend.
Chiropodists in this clinic provide assessment and management of complex foot disorders, including:
- High Risk Diabetic Foot Care
- Wound Care and the Manufacture of Orthotics
- Comprehensive Gait Analysis
- Shoe Pressure Mapping
OTs 2 Go – Home Visiting Service for Mobility Aids – LHIN Wide
This is a travelling seating and mobility service for adults 55+ who are experiencing age related disorders provided by Occupational Therapists. Patients are seen in a home or community environment (not available to LTC residents) and receive:
- Complete Seating & Mobility Assessments
- Mobility Device Prescriptions, as needed
- Funding Applications, where appropriate
- Coordination of Repairs / Modifications
- Training on Safe Usage of Mobility Aids
NOTE: We do not accept referrals for scooter assessments.