What is MyChart?
MyChart is a secure online platform which enables patients to take control of their own medical information and their care. The platform gives patients access to their personal health records, test results and communication with care providers, and it allows them to update their real-time health status in a secure, mobile environment.
Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) is leading the deployment of MyChart at our hospital and at dozens of partner hospitals across south west Ontario. It’s the largest deployment of a patient medical record access platform in Ontario.
When will MyChart be available to HHS patients?
Starting July 2018, patients of the following McMaster Children’s Hospital clinics will be able to register for MyChart:
• Complex Care
• Children’s Exercise and Nutrition
• Pediatrics to Adult Transition
Further enrollment will be extended across HHS starting fall 2018.
What information will be available through MyChart?
Starting July 2018, patients at the above clinics will have access to the following health information through MyChart:
• Medications, Allergies, Care Plans and Blood bank results (released as soon as they are available for clinicians)
• Lab results (7 business day delay, from the date results are available to clinician)
• Microbiology results (10 business day delay, from the date results are available to clinician)
• Radiology reports (15 business day delay, from the date results are available to clinician)
• Pathology reports (25 business day delay, from the date results are available to clinician)
• ECGs and ECHOs (15 business day delay, from the date results are available to clinician)
• Genetic reports (25 business day delay, from the date results are available to clinician)
These records will be made available within MyChart from from January 2018 onwards.
Our goal is to provide patients real-time access to as much of their health information as possible, however extensive consultation with patients and clinical stakeholders brought to light the need to delay and restrict certain results. This is to provide doctors and health care professionals with the necessary time to follow up with patients to review sensitive test results.
Where is MyChart currently being used?
MyChart has been implemented at a number of hospitals across Ontario, including Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, William Osler Health System, The Ottawa Hospital, Lakeridge Health and Michael Garron Hospital.
MyChart is owned and operated by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
For more information
If you have questions about the implementation, please contact email@example.com and continue to check back here for additional updates on the project.