|UPDATE - Aug. 7: C. difficile outbreak on the Surgical/Trauma Unit (6 South) at Hamilton General Hospital (HGH) site of Hamilton Health Sciences|
|MEDIA UPDATE - August 7, 2012
C. difficile outbreak on the Surgical/Trauma Unit (6 South) at Hamilton General Hospital (HGH) site of Hamilton Health Sciences
Status as of 12:00 noon on August 7, 2012:
• No new cases on 6 South and no new patients under investigation on 6 South.
• No new cases elsewhere in the hospital.
Hospital-wide total number of cases on August 7, 2012: four (4)
• C. difficile outbreak on the Surgical/Trauma Unit (6 South) at its Hamilton General Hospital site outbreak declared on July 30, 2012
• 6 South unit remains open
• enhanced C. difficile infection prevention and control measures have been implemented to prevent the further spread of this infectious disease.
Hamilton Health Sciences, in partnership with Hamilton Public Health, is monitoring this situation closely and will provide updates. Clinics and services at Hamilton General Hospital are continuing to function as usual.
NOTE: Future Media Updates will be issued ONLY if there is a change in status related to the outbreak on 6 South.
For more information, contact:
Public Relations & Communications, Hamilton Health Sciences
Tel.: (905) 521- 2100, ext. 76090
Paging: (905) 521-5030