|Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and London Health Sciences Centre to issue RFQ for Managed Equipment Services Partnership|
For Immediate Release
November 27, 2013
Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and London Health Sciences Centre to issue RFQ for Managed Equipment Services Partnership
(HAMILTON & LONDON, Ontario) Hamilton Health Sciences, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton and London Health Sciences Centre are announcing today that a Request for Qualifications for a Managed Equipment Services (MES) Partnership is to be issued on December 3, 2013.
Diagnostic Services and Medical Diagnostic Unit departments at the hospitals are implementing a novel and leading best practice to support their medical and molecular imaging clinical, academic and research programs by seeking a partner to implement a MES. The hospitals believe that this MES partnership will be an exemplar of their shared project vision “Living Healthcare –Transformation & Innovation Supported by Progressive Technology and Leading Research” in the following ways:
1. Demonstrate organizational and program commitment to the patient experience. The MES will ensure that our equipment is maintained and meets/exceeds industry and legislative safety standards e.g. radiation protection and dose. From a quality and safety experience, our patients (adult and pediatric) and families will have confidence that they have received the highest quality of diagnostic care/treatment and service by compassionate staff utilizing reliable/safe medical imaging equipment;
2. Enable the use of data to inform our management practices and evidence-based decision-making as it relates to medical equipment maintenance, equipment replacement, decommissioning, and utilization as well as radiation dose management practices;
3. Support the notion of Seamless Healthcare in so much as it is aligned with a strategic industry partner that supports the hospitals’ ability to achieve service delivery processes that ensure patient imaging examinations are efficiently stored and made available in real time to referring physicians and other authorized community users;
4. Facilitate operational excellence, effective asset management, annual financial savings, fiscal stewardship, transparency and accountability resulting in both direct monetary savings and indirect value to the hospitals over the term of the agreement;
5. Draw upon the partner’s core competencies, innovation and global reach to support and provide Diagnostic Imaging staff (management, physicians, technologists, nurses, clerical/support staff) with leading best practices and knowledge transfer in support of the hospitals’ academic and research evolutions; and
6. Incorporate unique features that will further enhance academic and research initiatives which in turn will enable the hospitals to focus on the delivery of transformational patient care and pioneering research instead of the administration of equipment procurement.
The Request for Qualifications is the first step in the procurement process to select a partner for this project.
The RFQ will be posted on Biddingo on December 3, 2013. The hospitals will hold an RFQ market briefing and question and answer session on December 10, 2013, in Toronto at 10 am. Further details regarding the market briefing will be provided in the RFQ.
About Hamilton Health Sciences
Hamilton Health Sciences is a family of seven unique hospitals, a cancer centre and an urgent care centre, serving more than 2.3 million residents of Hamilton and south central Ontario, Canada. Hamilton Health Sciences is the second largest hospital group in Ontario, and serves as a regional referral centre for cardiac, stroke, burns, trauma, neurosurgery, pediatrics, digestive diseases, high-risk obstetrics, cancer, orthopedics and rehabilitation services. With a staff of approximately 11,000, the hospital is the largest employer in the Hamilton region. As an academic teaching hospital with more than 1,100 beds and an affiliation with McMaster University and Mohawk College, Hamilton Health Sciences is committed to providing exemplary health care while advancing excellence in education and health research. The organization’s exceptional track record of inquiry and innovation has earned Hamilton Health Sciences recognition as one of the world’s leading health science research organizations. For more information, visit www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca.
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
As a leading academic health science and research centre, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton delivers high-quality, evidence based, compassionate care to patients in Hamilton-Niagara-Haldimand-Brant and beyond.
Home to more than 4,000 staff, 700 physicians and 600 volunteers, St. Joe’s is a multi-site, regional, tertiary centre, renowned for its strength in respiratory care, kidney and urinary care, mental health and addictions, surgical services, cancer surgery and women’s and infants’ care. Our emergency department sees more than 50,000 patients a year.
For over 121 years St. Joseph's has cared for the community in a spirit of compassion, innovation, and commitment – driven by the legacy of our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton is the largest acute care hospital and only academic and research centre in the St. Joseph’s Health System. For more information, visit our website at www.stjoes.ca
About London Health Sciences Centre
London Health Sciences Centre has been at the forefront of medicine in Canada for 138 years and offers the broadest range of specialized clinical services in Ontario. Building on the traditions of its founding hospitals to provide compassionate care in an academic teaching setting, London Health Sciences Centre is home to Children’s Hospital, University Hospital, Victoria Hospital, the Kidney Care Centre, two family medical centres, and two research institutes – Children’s Health Research Institute and Lawson Health Research Institute, a joint research initiative with St. Joseph’s Health Care London. As a leader in medical discovery and health research, London Health Sciences Centre has a history of over 65 international and national firsts and attracts top clinicians and researchers from around the world. As a regional referral centre, London Health Sciences Centre cares for the most medically complex patients including critically injured adults and children in southwestern Ontario and beyond. The hospital’s nearly 15,000 staff, physicians, students and volunteers provide care for more than one million patient visits a year. For more information, visit www.lhsc.on.ca.
For media inquiries contact:
Hamilton Health Sciences
Public Relations and Communications
Telephone (905) 521-2100 ext. 75939
Paging (905) 521-5030
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
Public Affairs Department
Telephone (905) 522-1155 ext. 33037
London Health Sciences Centre
Medical Imaging Department
Telephone (519) 685-8500, ext. 52377