|Patient Information Updates following floods at St. Joseph’s Healthcare and Juravinski Cancer Centre|
|Hamilton Health Sciences Patient Information Updates following floods at St. Joseph’s Healthcare and Juravinski Cancer Centre
Last updated: January 9, 1:30pm
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 a flood in the Juravinski Innovation Tower at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton’s Charlton Campus affected the Emergency Department, Surgical Services and Medical Device Reprocessing Department (operating room instrument sterilization).
As a result, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton has closed its Emergency Department - except for Psychiatric Emergency Services - until further notice.
In response to the situation at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, Hamilton Health Sciences will be taking some temporary measures to accommodate the increase in emergency department visits, admission and surgeries. Please note the following important information:
Non-urgent, scheduled surgeries
• Non-urgent, scheduled surgeries at the General and Juravinski Hospitals will be cancelled to ensure capacity due to increased emergency department admissions. All patients affected by cancellations will be contacted directly.
• Surgeries at the McMaster Children’s Hospital have not been affected.
• Outpatient clinic appointments will continue as scheduled. If there is a change to your appointment you will be contacted directly.
• The Heart Investigation Unit and Electrophysiology Lab at the General Hospital remain open and procedures continue to proceed as scheduled.
Emergency Departments and Urgent Care Centres
• The Emergency Departments at the General and the Juravinski Hospitals remain open.
• The Emergency Department at McMaster Children’s Hospital is also open for children ages 17 and under.
• The Main Street West Urgent Care Centre is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. for urgent non-life threatening illness and injuries.
Emergency Department locations within the city of Hamilton:
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Hamilton General Hospital
237 Barton Street East, Hamilton, L8L 2X2
711 Concession Street, Hamilton, L8V 1C3
McMaster Children’s Hospital
1200 Main St. West, Hamilton, L8N 3Z5
Urgent Care Centres within the city of Hamilton:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton Urgent Care Centre, King Campus
2757 King St E. Hamilton, ON L8G 5E4
8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Main Street West Urgent Care Centre
690 Main Street West, Hamilton, L8S 1A4
Open 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., 7 days a week
Juravinski Cancer Centre (JCC)
• The JCC has reopened to patient care. Clinic, radiation and chemotherapy appointments have all resumed.
• Any patients with affected appointments will be contacted directly to reschedule. If you have not been contacted you can attend your appointment as scheduled.
• Patients with urgent concerns or inquiries please contact your oncologist’s office directly.