Hamilton Health Sciences

Patient Privacy

15. What if some of the information in my health record is incorrect?
• • In accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act, if you feel that any of your health information is incorrect, you have the right to request a correction. Your request should be directed to the Privacy Office for a full review. By law, the hospital is not required to correct a professional opinion or observation made in good faith about a patient. However, a letter of disagreement may be attached to your Health Record.
Hamilton Health Sciences • Hamilton, Ontario • 905.521.2100

Disclaimer: Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS) offers Google Translate to better facilitate access for our community. However, HHS makes no claims regarding the accuracy of translations. Any and all health information should be verified by a health care professional.